Sunday, April 24, 2011

Surviving Temptation 101

Today I was faced with my biggest temptation so far: brownies.  Let me begin by saying that I absolutely love brownies, but only when my mother makes them.  It must be the extra love she puts in, but I've tried to recreate her decadent treats only to be sorely disappointed that I could not meet her awesomeness.  I could literally eat a half of pan of those things and only have spent 5 minutes putting it away.

Thanks to my mother, though, she carefully calculated the Points, and 1/16th of a pan was worth 3 Points.  At the start of it, I thought there was no way I could contain myself to that small of a serving, when in the past I would just cut away a large chunk or two and gobble it down.  But forcing myself to eat just that small portion (which really didn't turn out to be all that tiny) and really enjoying each bite left me satisfied...and more importantly, I didn't feel the urge to run back to the brownie pan and eat until they vanished.  All in all, my Easter lunch was very successful.  I carefully measured my portions along with my father and managed to eat just 12 Points total, including the Brownie.  I had a Slim-Fast shake for breakfast today, leaving me with 12 Points for a small dinner/snack tonight.

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying my time with Weight Watchers so far.  I treat it like a game: figuring out how I can get the most Points for my treat, and mentally rewarding myself for beating the game (or eating less Points than I was allowed).  I'm eating more fruits and veggies and smaller portions of my favorite foods.  And the results are already starting to show.  By adding more produce into my diet, and by not drinking my Points (aside from the Slim-Fast), I've already lost 5.3 pounds.  I'm going to do my official weigh-in either tomorrow or Tuesday, so hopefully I can keep that weight-loss going!

No comments:

Post a Comment