Saturday, April 23, 2011

Excess Points

I had an early meeting at work yesterday, which meant sticking to my normal Slim-Fast shake that I could drink on the run.  By the time I was able to eat lunch (3:30PM, or exactly 8 hours since my body last had any nourishment) I was so famished that I couldn't comprehend the thought of eating.  It didn't help that I was also trying something new (Smart Ones Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetables, 6 Points total), so I ended up only eating half of that and two cups of Musselman's Lite Applesauce (0 Points) with my Coke Zero (0 Points).  By dinnertime, I had only used 8 Points all day and had an exciting 21 Points for the remainder of the day. 

My husband and I had to run some errands last night, and we had already planned on grabbing dinner on the go.  As he is also on a diet (though not on Weight Watchers), we've struggled with being able to eat meals together and finally had the chance to dine together.  We both did thorough research of the Panera menu, and I was able to find that my normal choice of a 1/2 Caesar Salad (including crutons and cheese) was 4 Points, and my 1/2 Chicken Noodle Soup was only 3 Points.  And even on a day when I could afford to splurge on bread and a full-calorie soda, I opted for an apple as my side and a diet soda. 

Including my dessert for the evening, I only used 19 total Points.  I was proud that even when I could splurge on those high-carb and high-calorie extras, I chose the healthier options.  Even though I'm just a few days into Weight Watchers, I can already see a lifestyle change for me.  I ordered water instead of a soda at the restaurant the other night, opted for an apple instead of bread last night, and still manage not to leave myself feeling deprived of my junk food.

Tomorrow will be my greatest challenge, though.  I'm headed to my parents house for our traditional Easter activities, which include my most favorite food: Crescent Rolls.  I can easily eat 6 of those in one sitting, but at 3 Points each, I'll have to limit myself to 2 at most.  We'll just have to see how tomorrow goes, but wish me luck! I'll certainly need it warding off the temptation of the Crescents.

No comments:

Post a Comment